Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed's mission has always been to connect the right jobseekers with the right job. The Communication Platform team's mission is to do that by reaching them at the right time, in the right channel, with the right message.
Over the next few years, the Communications Platform team is taking the loose coalition of teams working on messaging technologies and turning those into a coherent platform
- Reliable, scalable technology stacks underpinning every messaging channel we use, with aggressive standards for uptime, message delivery latency, and message loss
- Simple, reliable on-boarding - teams use our platform because they want to, not because they have to
- Consistent, digestible analytics allowing application engineering teams to rapidly execute, analyze, and learn from product experiments
- World-class spam and fraud prevention across all channels, ensuring the best experience for our jobseekers
- Internal transparency into the volume and types of communication we are sending, preventing Indeed users from being inundated with messages from zealous prototype teams
- Clear, consistent branding across all channels, ensuring that communication from Indeed looks like communication from Indeed and benefits from the trust that we've built up over the last 13 years.
- Steer the work of the Conversation Platform engineering team as it works to improve the reliability, usability, scalability, and transparency of cross-channel conversations across Indeed's product line
- Contribute to design reviews, incident retrospectives, and ad hoc conversations around how to approach engineering challenges within and beyond the Communications Platform portfolio
- Understand the needs of product managers and engineers as they work to build new experiences using the Communications Platform
- Inform and educate others about the team’s efforts through the internal engineering blog, internal tech talks, and other channels.
- Help evaluate technologies and technical approaches for new and existing products.
You are an experienced engineering manager or technical lead. In this role, you will coach and mentor motivated, highly qualified engineers with backgrounds in world-class companies and universities; collaborate with stakeholders in product, engineering, sales, and marketing; and help guide and celebrate the work of a team that’s delivering reliable communications at scale to the entire Indeed product organization.
You understand that the best managers enable their teams, removing roadblocks and coaching individuals on how to achieve their own best performance.
You have led high velocity engineering teams, as a technical lead or coach. You know how to earn the respect of a highly technical team. You've worked on user-facing product teams or with them closely; you understand their pain points and the ways reliable, usable platforms can magnify their impact.
The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the technology driving various channels for reaching the public - email, SMS, push notifications, etc. Empathy for our users is critical (both the application engineers using our platform and the general public they're trying to communicate with). Expertise with data-driven product development -- including its strengths and its pitfalls -- is a strong plus.
- 5+ years experience in product development, including experience working on high-traffic, public-facing products delivered via a web browser to a global audience.
- 2+ years experience with technical leadership, including working with product management to define priorities and guiding the work of a team.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak about technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with cross-region or multi-datacenter architectures
- 2+ years of experience with people management, including coaching and performance evaluations.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.