Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
San Francisco Area Base Salary Range: 190,000-234,000 USD per year
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) applies software engineering techniques and discipline to production operations to attack reliability and peformance issues and fix them for good. SRE adds nines to our already well-engineered and highly reliable software products supporting job seekers, employers, and internal customers.
The global distribution of our Site Reliability Engineers allows us to provide 24x7 support without undue burden. The team spans Austin, Dublin, Hyderabad, Seattle, San Francisco, and Tokyo in order to have a follow-the-sun on-call rotation. SRE is still young at Indeed, and members of this team will have the chance to influence the direction for a critical and global SRE organization. There will be ample opportunities for growth in many areas of technology, leadership, mentorship, design, and more.
Responsibilities:* Manage a team of 4-7 Site Reliability Engineers
* Own availability and performance of Indeed’s most critical products
* Lead a team of Engineers who design, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase reliability and organizational efficiency
* Expand the team by hiring the best engineers
* Help engineers develop their careers through personal and performance management
* Foster an environment of continuous learning which builds excellent engineering skillsets
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Perl, Python, or a similar language.
* Experience managing a team of software and/or system engineers.
We get excited about candidates who:
* Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, and software design and/or Linux, networking, application performance analysis.
* Experience designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet-scale Linux environment.
* Experience recruiting and hiring software and/or system engineers.
Pursuant to the SF FCO, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.