Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As the Engineering Operations Site Lead, you’ll be responsible for building and growing the engineering organization in Indeed’s up-and-coming South Bay office. One the one hand you’ll work closely with recruiting to attract top talent from both university and industry, and on the other hand you’ll work closely with your peer engineering leaders to ensure that we’re growing the skills and capabilities of the engineering staff and maximizing impact by allocating them to the highest impact initiatives. You’ll play an integral part in the mentorship and career development of the entire engineering team, and work with your peers to identify and attract product work that leverages the unique talent in the Bay.
● Attract and retain top university and industry talent
● Provide direct and indirect mentorship and career development to the entire Indeed engineering team
● Identify and grow new technical and organizational leaders within Indeed at all levels of
● Constantly work to influence others and bring learnings to the team
● Work with your peers in San Francisco and the rest of Indeed to identify product and
technology initiatives that leverage the unique talent in our engineering offices
● Serve as a subject matter expert on personnel performance and a resource to
engineering teams across Indeed
● Along with other Site Leads, own the performance management process for Indeed's
engineering organization, including ensuring consistent high-quality execution and
improvements that will ensure career growth for all employees
● Design and develop employee performance-centric enhancements of Indeed systems
Desired Skills & Experience
● 10+ years of relevant work experience with a minimum of five years leading large-scale
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
● The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
● An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and
learning/iterating on the results.
● Demonstrated ability to coach engineers and engineering leaders, helping them improve
their skills and grow their careers
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.