Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As an Enterprise Data Warehouse Developer at Indeed, your role is to deliver quality assured, timely data representing the true state of the entire enterprise for business users and business analysts to make the most informed decisions that they can to drive Indeed’s goals.
You will dive deep into source data to understand its limitations and identify how it does--and does not--conform with how the business operates. You will understand the details of how the different functions of the business see the world, understand where they cross paths and where they diverge, and build a solution to enable them to see a unified view of the global enterprise.
You will work with analysts and business partners to understand the business’s requirements, their priorities, estimate the amount of work it will take to deliver on those requirements, lay out the technical plan, implement the solution, advocate for its adoption, and maintain it.
You will identify the cross-functional teams and individuals who should be involved with the definition of key metrics and ensure that the logic you design and the results you produce receive their sign off in order to bring greater trust in the solution.
The best EDW Developer loves revealing contradictions and inconsistencies in data, working with engineering, business leaders, and analysts to understand what is causing them, designing solutions to correct them, and delivering them into the hands of users, all the way up to the CEO.
The best EDW Developer believes there is probably a better way to do everything. You never trust your first instincts without testing them against the data. You do not believe that point-solutions are a strategy for long-term success and you put plans in place to replace them with long-term solutions.
You have very strong SQL and data querying abilities. You have a strong understanding of how databases store and retrieve data. You can write Python. You love talking to stakeholders and finding out what they need because you know that the only good EDW solutions are ones that they want to use. However, you also know when not to allow others to dictate what the right solution is, and do it persuasively and constructively.
You are skilled in extracting, transforming, and loading data. You are able to translate business requests into database design. You are someone who is passionate about data-driven approaches. You enjoy exploring large data sets and get excited about learning new technologies and learning in a collaborative environment. You are skilled at eliciting requirements from a wide range of different teams and building an efficient roadmap to fulfill them.
- Work closely with business and system SMEs to reverse engineer the rules that govern business processes, their corresponding data streams, and the systems that implement those rules.
- Heavily QA source data to identify the gaps between source data reality and stated business rules and definitions.
- Work with Solution Partners and Data Governance Analysts to standardize definitions and business rules across business functions.
- Contribute to the long-term vision of the EDW, and deliver in short-term cycles.
- Design, deploy, and manage standardized, centralized data sources for enterprise use.
- Develop efficient ETL to load EDW and make timely data available to business users.
- Support the EDW solution should failures occur.
- Build self-monitoring, robust, scalable batch and streaming data pipelines for 24/7 global operations.
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries for governance of published data sources.
- Develop and improve continuous release and testing processes.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, an engineering or quantitative discipline
- Strong SQL skills: querying using advanced functions like windowing; optimizing queries to run efficiently; debugging queries to find logical errors.
- Hands-on experience programming in Python or other procedural or OOP language.
- Understanding of how relational databases store and retrieve data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business subject matter experts to understand their requirements and to turn them into implementable technical requirements and design.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical subject matter experts to understand their systems and translate their operational data into clean, standardized, comprehensive, and precise reporting data.
- Hands-on data modeling experience for operational systems (3NF) or data warehousing (dimensional).
- Hands-on experience quality assuring data: data profiling, data discovery, root cause analysis.
- Hands-on experience working with business SMEs to codify business rules and sign off on logic.
- Hands-on experience writing ETL and automating data cleansing/transformation.
- Experience in columnar relational data stores and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc, as well as knowledge of more traditional warehouses.
- Experience delivering data pipelines and managing resulting data stores using managed cloud services (like AWS or Google Cloud Services).
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and real time analytics using tools such as Apache Kafka, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, ElasticSearch, or similar tools.
- Knowledge of machine learning tools and concepts.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.