Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- You will work alongside Data Scientists and senior engineers across the whole Indeed engineering organization and will be able to influence the evolution of the Experimentation platform, taking it to the next level of scale and reliability.
- You will help building a new team and will be expected to provide mentorship to other engineers within and outside of the team.
- You will be writing automated tests for all the code you work with.
- In the short term, you are likely to spend most of your time coding in Java. Parts of the system may also require coding in Python and Spark.
- You will have an opportunity to contribute to open source community as some of the core team’s products are open sourced.
- 5+ years of internet-scale application services development using Java
- Proven experience designing, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and mission-critical services or high throughput data processing pipelines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical multi-functional teams
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training
We get especially excited about candidates who have few of the following attributes:
- Experience of developing or working with A/B testing tools
- Experience developing SDKs and RESTful APIs
- Bias towards system reliability
- Experience with Apache Pig and Apache Spark
- Are automated tests fanatics (especially followers of [A]TDD)
- Have interest or appreciation of Domain Driven Design
- Are open to traveling to Tokyo, Japan, where a part of the team is located.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.