Date published: 3-Mar-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Indeed is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Financial Analyst to join our growing Financial Planning and Analysis team in our NYC office. You will develop and maintain financial forecasts and budgets (monthly and quarterly), as well own financial reporting and monthly reconciliations. This individual will also assist with all financial operations, working collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners to ensure fiscal accountability and accuracy.
- Assist the Director, FP&A in preparing the annual budget
- Oversees financial planning and prepares leaders for review with executive management team
- Assist the senior management team in developing and preparing quarterly guidance and forecast updates to support decision making
- Develop monthly P&L forecast, validate and analyze weekly and monthly results and identify any necessary action steps in response to key variances
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting, including variance analysis
- Monitors business unit and cost center adherence to approved budget
- Assist Senior Management with special projects ranging from, but not limited to, "what if" strategic analysis, global business forecasting, new product P&L projections, etc.
- Provide business analytics as required pertaining to operations, competitors, benchmarking, etc.
- Develop and maintain business models to support internal decision making processes and external stakeholder negotiations
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years finance experience, including experience in Reporting, Financial Analysis, Business Analysis or related fields (Internet industry experience preferred)
- Excel mastery required
- Extremely strong analytical, problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Proven experience in building strong financial models
- Strong communications skills - in addition to competencies around editing and writing, candidate must also be able to communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones and checkpoints
- Project management skills - proven ability to oversee a project with objective of prioritising and investing time appropriately
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems upon first evidence
- Must be able to listen and interpret business requirements, set expectations with internal customers, and meet those expectations
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.