Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
- Indeed is seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist/Analyst to join our rapidly growing FP&A team in our Austin office. You will assist with global financial operations, working collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners to enable strategic Decision-making. You approach projects with a flexible, innovative, service-oriented mindset, and a strong emphasis on system-based solutions. You possess an analytical mind, an ability to communicate complex ideas to senior business leaders, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company. This position reports to the Senior Manager, FP&A.
- Oversee analytical financial planning and prepare leaders for review with executive management team
- Support analytical global headcount modeling and planning
- Support the development of visualization capabilities as outlined by the vision of the global head of analytics at Indeed
- Support and manage the development of mathematical, analytical, statistical constructs and models to decompose and understand the impact of marketing investments across Brand, Seeker, and Small Business sectors
- Perform monthly financial modeling, full marketing mix modeling using VAR, Hierarchical modeling, Latent class, Survival analysis, recency, frequency, monetary value, and/or LTV modeling
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts and budgets (monthly and quarterly)
- Assist head of analytics with special projects to support strategic decision-making (e.g. what/if strategic analysis, global business forecasting, new product P&L projections, etc.)
- Identify and track key performance metrics pertaining to business operations, competitors,benchmarking, etc
- Build forecasts across headcount and marketing impacts
- 4+ years work experience with hands on modeling, consulting, modeling, quantitative analysis in Technology, CPG, Pharma, Healthcare, financial services, planning & analysis, accounting, investment banking, or Consulting industries
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters or PhD preferred) in Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Finance or related field
- Modeling mastery and proven experience in building strong econometric models required (e.g Bayesian, Classicist)
- Experience and proficiency with Tableau, R, Shinny, SAS, SQL, Python, D3, VBA and HTML
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Extremely strong analytical, statistical, problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Strong communications skills
- Regression analysis (e.g Bayesian, Classicist)
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business environment
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.