Date published: 30-Sep-2016
How Indeed works.Indeed works when talented, passionate people come together to get a job done. Come help Indeed work. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
How this team works.
How this job works.
How you work.
- Work with the front-end systems team to develop tools and systems that promote best practices in front-end application development.
- Work with product teams to implement common tools and best practices.
- Engage regularly with product teams to understand their front-end engineering challenges, and then work with the front-end systems team to identify and develop solutions.
- Communicate regularly with the engineering and product organizations about the efforts of the front-end systems team.
- Participate in design reviews, implementation reviews, and ad hoc conversations around how to approach client-side application development.
- 5+ years experience in web development, preferably including experience working on public-facing sites with significant traffic.
- Comfort with “vanilla” JS is a must; experience with JS frameworks, maintainable CSS, NodeJS, unit testing, and build systems a plus.
- A thorough understanding of factors that contribute to client-side application performance; how to evaluate an application’s performance; and how to engineer for optimal performance.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak about technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working outside of the front-end stack; Java experience is especially valuable, but most important is a willingness to learn and contribute beyond the browser as needed.
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.