Date published: 13-Feb-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
- Be the go-to front-end resource for one or more product teams, providing hands-on feature development and guidance to teammates.
- Communicate clearly with engineering and product stakeholders about front-end engineering decisions and tradeoffs.
- Develop tools and systems that promote best practices in front-end application development.
- Guide and advise product teams as they implement common tools and best practices.
- Participate in design reviews, implementation reviews, and ad hoc conversations around how to approach client-side application development.
- 3+ years experience in web development, preferably including experience working on public-facing sites with significant traffic.
- Comfort with “vanilla” JS is a must; experience with JS frameworks, maintainable CSS, NodeJS, unit testing, and build systems a plus.
- An understanding of factors that contribute to client-side application performance; how to evaluate an application’s performance; and how to engineer for client-side performance.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak about technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working outside of the front-end stack; Java experience is especially valuable, but most important is a willingness to learn and contribute beyond the browser as needed.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.