Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed is a highly data-driven organization, and that means you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having: you’ll get rapid feedback about how your efforts are speeding up the site, making workflows more efficient, and, ultimately, helping more people get jobs.
As a member of a cross-functional team, you’ll need to be comfortable making changes outside of the front-end stack — typical applications here have a Java or Python back-end — but your primary role will be to serve as a source of user interface development expertise on your team. You’ll also work with other front-end engineers throughout the organization to solve cross-product concerns, and to help full-stack developers level up their front-end skills.
- Work alongside other engineers on product teams to build and improve user experiences.
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability in your product, with a focus on front-end technology.
- Lead front-end initiatives on your team around performance and architecture improvements, in collaboration with other front-end core team members.
- Inform and educate engineers on your team about front-end topics and best practices.
- Evaluate front-end technologies and contribute to decision-making conversations about applying them to your team’s product.
- 5+ years professional experience in front-end engineering, including experience working on at least one public-facing product with a global presence and significant traffic. Comfort with “vanilla” JS is a must.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and influence members of a full-stack product team.
- A demonstrated pattern of staying abreast of modern front-end technologies and practices, while being judicious about introducing new technology to existing codebases.
- Experience providing front-end engineering guidance to a team and being accountable for the results.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.