Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
We’re looking for an engineering manager with solid front-end skills to provide hands-on leadership for front-end engineers in Seattle. In this role, you’ll coach and mentor front-end engineers; collaborate with stakeholders in engineering, product, and UX; and help guide and celebrate the work of a team that’s helping craft the user interface of Indeed.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered solutions that effectively use modern front-end technologies at scale, and you have a firm grasp of how front-end decisions can significantly impact the performance and operational stability of an application. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally as happy talking front-end performance optimizations or new CSS techniques as you are brainstorming about development process improvements and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams. You’re animated by the opportunity to help the Design System Engineering team increase the velocity of developers across our global engineering offices, impacting hundreds of millions of job seekers around the world and — quite literally — changing the face of Indeed.
- Steer the work of the Seattle front-end engineering team as it works to improve the velocity of quality user interface development across Indeed products.
- Contribute to design reviews, implementation reviews, and ad hoc conversations around how to approach front-end development challenges within and beyond the Design System work.
- Inform and educate other engineers about the team’s efforts through the internal engineering blog, internal tech talks, and other channels.
- Evaluate front-end technologies and contribute to decision-making conversations about applying them to new and existing products.
- 7+ years experience in web development, preferably including experience working on public-facing products with a global presence and significant traffic. Comfort with “vanilla” JS is a must.
- 2+ years experience with technical leadership, including working with product management to define priorities and guiding the work of a small team (3-5 engineers).
- A thorough understanding of factors that contribute to client-side application performance; how to evaluate an application’s performance; and how to engineer for optimal performance.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak about technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working outside of the front-end stack; experience contributing to the “back end” of a scalable web app is especially valuable, but most important is a willingness to learn and contribute beyond the browser as needed.
- Experience with people management, including coaching and performance evaluations.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.