Date published: 15-Nov-2016
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
About the Full-Stack Software Engineer Role
If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
As a full-stack software engineer at Indeed, you’ll be a part of a small, highly talented team of people working end-to-end on the products and services that power the world’s #1 job site. You’ll have the opportunity to impact everything from user-facing pixels on both desktop and mobile, to the backend data stores, and everything between. At Indeed, we love data. As a part of a highly data-driven organization, you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having; you’ll leverage our large-scale data analysis infrastructure to define, measure, and test your hypotheses and deliver the best possible experience for the jobseeker.
At Indeed, our primary technology stack is Java-based, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re rapidly adopting emerging best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like React/Redux, React Native, Python/Django, MongoDB, Go, and Mesos, to name a few. Additionally, sometimes the right tool for the job doesn’t exist, so we’ve created and open-sourced a number of our core systems. You can explore them on GitHub and YouTube.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and engineers to design product experiences.
- Build web applications in Python/Django, including front-end (user interfaces) and back end.
- Continually improve our technical stack and processes.
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure as necessary.
- Participate in usability testing.
- Understands the end user and can create simple, elegant solutions.
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously.
- Thinks about why something needs to be built not just what needs to be built.
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build.
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 4+ years of professional work experience (recent) with rapid-development web technologies, and excited to work with Django / Python.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.