Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time. The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits. Tokyo Base Salary Range: Software Engineer: 9,580,000 - 11,880,000 JPY Software Engineer II: 11,770,000 - 14,470,000 JPY Staff Software Engineer: 14,000,000 - 18,000,000 JPY
Your job.If you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain services, systems, and user-facing applications helping 200 million jobseekers every month
- Conceive of and implement new features to help connect jobseekers and employers
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability
- Has a passion for building elegant, scalable software that solves practical problems and helps people get jobs
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, Go
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a high-performing member of a small, cross-functional team
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites
- Real-world, experience with one or more of the following, at scale: MySQL, Hadoop (CDH5), ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated ability to work with Product Management to define priorities, and provide technical direction for a small team (3-5) of engineers
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.