Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The Geographic Data Operations Analyst is responsible for finding, cleaning, organizing, analyzing, and maintaining job location data for millions of jobs on Indeed, the world’s #1 job site. The Geographic Data Operations team works to improve the job seekers’ ability to find jobs by improving location accuracy of Indeed’s geographic data. As a part of a rapidly growing international team, the Geographic Data Operations Analyst will bring specialized Geographic Information Systems (GIS) skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions that work with geographic data from a variety of sources. As an ideal candidate for this role, you are a detail oriented, creative, resourceful, and technologically savvy GIS analyst who lives and breathes maps and map data.
* Develop large databases of geographic information from a variety of sources
* Evaluate accuracy of geographic data
* Find, clean, and geocode large datasets with an aim to automate processes and improve efficiency
* Analyze job listings to obtain more accurate geographic data
* Work with offsite scaled operations to ensure quality of data
* Develop and maintain a worldwide GIS
* Suggest ways to improve and scale products and internal tools
* 3+ years experience in a GIS role, preferably with open source solutions
* Proficiency querying relational databases
* Strong focus on detail and precision—a passion for getting things right
* Experience geocoding addresses and improving geocoding processes
* Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
* Comfortable in technical environments and desire to learn new systems as needed
* Strong background in research and analysis, problem solving, and conceptual thinking abilities
* Honed time-management skills and demonstrated success in handling multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities
* Ability to balance quick decision making with attention to quality and accuracy
* Experience collaborating on a team with a common goal
* Active participation in OpenStreetMap community as a contributor or editor
* Subject matter expertise on geographic locations in one or more foreign markets
* Experience developing automated processes
* Experience analyzing large datasets
* Experience with JIRA and Confluence
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.