Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
As the Employment Tax Senior Manager you will be part of our global tax team, influencing and shaping our approach to managing the tax implications of an increasingly distributed workforce around the globe. In this role, you will focus on a broad spectrum of tax issues that impact our employees, from cross-border relocations, business travel, and domestic employment tax issues. We are not only looking for someone highly knowledgeable in tax technical matters, but who can also understand the employee perspectives and communicate complex tax matters in a simple and effective manner. You will report directly to the VP of Global Tax.
As an Employment Senior Tax Manager on the Indeed Global Tax Team you would be responsible for:
- Partnering cross-functionally to educate stakeholders and employees on the mobility and employment tax impacts of employee relocations across the world;
- Help drive our team’s inputs to regional and global initiatives around a more distributed workforce, such as remote working or opening new country offices;
- Lead our tax initiatives around employee Business Travel and help design, implement and oversee a scalable tax/payroll compliance approach with a broad range of cross-functional partners;
- Coordinate and guide finance and payroll teams regarding the complex operational impacts of compensation reporting and taxation for mobile employees;
- Maintain close working relationships with our compensation and benefits team, helping to manage the complex web of tax compliance matters for Indeed employees;
- Maintain relationship with internal teams and external service providers to ensure outstanding customer service, policy compliance, and data integrity;
- Learn and adapt quickly as Indeed starts operations in new countries, proactively guiding stakeholders and employees on new mobility and employment tax considerations;
- Manage, guide, and assist our external mobility tax services provider to ensure they create maximum impact for Indeed and our employees;
- Help to lead domestic employment tax matters that arise in our global locations, including employment tax audits etc;
- Seek creative solutions that balance risk with optimal outcomes for the business and our employees, while remaining compliant within each country’s regulations.
- Initiate the RFP process to identify an external Global Employment Tax vendor to support the development of our internal policies and procedures.
- Provide in-house support for employment tax related issues globally for our business partners
- Monitor key employment tax changes globally and drive change implementation where necessary to ensure compliance
- You will bring 7+ years of relevant experience to the role. You are very comfortable working in areas of ambiguity and demonstrate excellent judgement in a fast paced environment.
- You are an expert in individual income and employment tax laws in the US at both Federal and State levels, and ideally experience navigating equivalent rules Internationally.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to build and grow relationships with people at all levels of the organization. You can bring alignment to a large group of stakeholders, and influence decision making.
- You can analyze and understand complex technical rules, while being able to translate these into practical guidance that is clear and concise to a non-tax person.
- This role requires independent work/judgment and influencing skills to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive planning, execution, and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.