Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Indeed is looking for a Global Event Manager to help scale a world-class program, bringing HR, talent acquisition professionals and job seekers together, around the globe.
The Global Event Manager will be responsible for executing and scaling Indeed’s events program by promoting a leading business solution, a competitive place to work and developing employer and job seeker relationships. We are seeking a high energy, detailed-oriented team member who is a big thinker and comfortable balancing many moving pieces at once!
IMPORTANT: Must have high-volume, corporate event planning experience. Experience with engineering-specific audiences.
Event Manager - Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement event strategies to attract talent and promote Indeed’s leading business solutions
- Develop, manage and execute event portfolio including, but not limited to, developing and implementing plans and timelines, daily/monthly reporting, speaker coordination, budget management, post-event follow-up, lead capture, and documentation
- Gather information and analyzing necessary data to create project plans, dashboards, and schedules
- Identify opportunities for driving scale and efficiencies throughout the events program
- Develop effective event marketing elements that deliver transformational experiences for attendees
- Research new event industry best practices and analyze target audiences to choose appropriate marketing mediums to impact outreach, acquisition, engagement, and understanding among event attendees
- Manage relationships with internal partners
- Build relationships with teams across Indeed to understand their annual objectives and key results and provide consultative recommendations for how Event Services can support their goals by implementing integrated event marketing to their overall approach.
- Develop and implement global event services frameworks, processes and policies that are consistent across the company
- Review incoming event requests (from event ops manager) for completion and assign based on team roles + responsibilities
- Identify gaps in the organization where Event Services is not being utilized and leverage those opportunities to promote + evangelize Event Services across US + APAC organization
- Collaborate regularly with counterpart, Event Services Manager - EMEA, to develop unified service offering + alignment and foster team morale
- Collaborate with other services teams across marketing (Design, Content, Product Marketing, Procurement, Technical Event Production, etc. ) to create workflow processes + templated assets for better efficiencies
- Help to onboard + train new hires within Event Services
- Work with the team developing the Marketing Studio and I.D. opportunities for Event Services to become aligned with the overall studio plan, ultimately enhancing the level of services the marketing team can provide, especially to teams outside of marketing (i.e. how can ES work with content, design to support ENG or Employer Branding events)
- Research Strategic Meeting Management (SMM) trends, case studies, growth opportunities and implement relevant learnings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in trade show, conference and internal meeting and event management at a large company or related agency experience
- History of breaking new ground with events and delivering transformational experiences that impress internal partners and build relationships with members/clients, turning them into brand evangelists/enthusiasts
- Experience coordinating work of meeting planners, content developers, designers, creative services, writers, sales and client services and vendors
- Strong analytical capacity; Experience developing reporting dashboards and tracking leads
- Experience with accurate time estimating, identifying dependencies and resources/cost estimates
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines, and stay within budget
- Fluent in Google Applications, Apple Applications, Marketo, CRMs, Word Press, MS Office and comfortable learning new software as needed
- Global cultural orientation and working experience
- Experience in internet/technology/engineering sector
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.