Date published: 30-Jun-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Your job.We are looking for a motivated, versatile Graphic Designer Manager with a desire and passion for helping tell the Indeed brand story through design. You’ll work within our in-house design team to ensure Indeed presents itself as a world-class leader in online recruitment.
- Assists in managing the day-to-day duties of a growing creative team with input from the team lead.
- Ensure that the team delivers high-quality design, artwork, and layouts within corporate guidelines and to approved briefs, budgets and timescales
- Evaluate the look and feel of any communication piece and provide alternative solutions, lateral thinking to stretch boundaries and redefine creativity
- Provide marketing design work across multiple mediums on a variety of projects, from small pieces to multi-channel campaigns
- Provide print-ready artwork: oversee production of print material when necessary
- Provide on-screen visual designs in appropriate sizes, file formats
- Effectively communicate and articulate thoughts and creative ideas both verbally and in writing
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver high-quality design on-time, occasionally under tight deadlines
- Works with management to set standards and practices for the creative services function
- We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to internal team and stakeholders
- Experience mentoring designers and other members of a cross-functional team
- Has a strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for design and skill in visual communication
- Is aware of current design trends, has the judgment to know when adoption of these trends is appropriate (rather than fashionable)
- Demonstrates mastery of typography, color, and layouts with sharp attention to detail
- Is a self-starter and able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Is excited to work within our current brand voice, and help us evolve it as new opportunities arise
- Is professional and self-organized with the ability to define his/her own tasks
- Actively participates in the creative process by asking questions, voicing opinion, and effectively collaborate with stakeholders to determine project needs
- Can collaborate with team members at all levels to ensure designs are consistent with brand guidelines and overall project goals.
- 8+ years professional experience, ideally with a design firm or advertising agency, but can also be experienced with an internal creative team.
- 2+ years of experience managing or mentoring a small team of designers.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or related field.
- Experience in an in-house corporate design agency or agency creative dept preferred.
- Proficient in print and digital design.
- Fluent in relevant design software; Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Sketch and Zeplin.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Knowledge and ability to design in WordPress is a plus.
- Web development knowledge using HTML, CSS, JS a plus.
- Motion graphics experience is a plus.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.