Date published: 11-Jul-2017
Additional Posting Location(s): Austin
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Human Resources team champions our culture by working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and positive experience for all our Indeed employees and prospective new hires. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help the people, who help people get jobs.
Our growing internal communications function is looking for a poised, motivated, and experienced communicator to drive engaging communications for our global Human Resources organization.
You will be responsible for both communications within the department and communications to the rest of the company on global HR initiatives. You’ll develop strategic plans, provide leadership advisory services, and execute programs to inform, connect, and engage employees and drive business objectives.
In this role, you’ll work closely with leaders, HR business partners, and multiple project teams. You’ll be co-located with your HR customers, but also be part of a dynamic communications team. The focus of this role is in the following key areas:
Leadership advising: Counsel SVP of HR and his leadership team on how to solve business communications challenges and be effective communicators
- Provide guidance for leaders to make informed communications decisions based on data, experience, and best practices
- Take the initiative to provide your professional perspective to influence others
- Design communications strategies for major global HR initiatives that drive to agreed-upon outcomes
- Create detailed communications project plans and timelines, then implement strategies and plans and measure effectiveness
Relationship building and management: Establish yourself as a key communications resource within the company and a sought-out partner for collaboration
- Establish and nurture strategic partnerships inside internal communications and with PR team
- Build tight working partnerships with HR
- Work effectively with employees at all levels and in different cultures
Creative and technical skills: Develop innovative and effective approaches to solving problems
- Regularly suggest and implement innovative approaches to problems to make Indeed’s HR org best in class
- Analyze and clearly present complex information demonstrating critical thinking ability
- Write communications plans and key message platforms aligned with corporate messages and functional strategies
Communications infrastructure: Ensure that communications within the HR department are effective
- Develop strategies and plans to share key messages and drive improved conversations within the department
- Create a thorough and consistent HR communication approach
- Develop an understanding of HR employee sentiment
- Build organizational awareness and business acumen about Indeed and the HR department
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years’ experience developing and executing internal communications strategies and plans with clear business impact
- Proven track record of advising senior leaders
- Demonstrated change management expertise
- Ability to thrive in a complex global organization
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, interact and work effectively at all levels of a rapidly changing organization
- Highly polished writing skills, strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in communications strategy development and planning
- Ability to deliver top-quality communication materials
- Experience with, and knowledge of, change management principles, methodologies and tools and the ability to translate theory into practice
- Strong project management experience – ability to manage and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines, translate complex ideas and move with agility to create clear easy to understand communications for a range of audiences
- Able to influence “up and down” to achieve project objectives
- Sense of humor appreciated
- With your application, please submit a writing sample that exemplifies an HR Communications Plan or Campaign from your previous work
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.