Additional Posting Location(s): Seattle, Stamford
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable services team for the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect qualified candidates to employers with job openings. We provide program management, IT end user support, global infrastructure support, data aggregation, business intelligence, and compliance support for globally distributed business and technology teams. Indeed has tech hubs in Austin, Hyderabad, San Francisco, Seattle, Singapore and Tokyo. We are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed's Program Management Organization (PMO) is tightly woven into the product and business teams that drive Indeed's mission. As the head of the PMO, you will be the leader of leaders for the enterprise PMO of a rapidly-growing organization.
You will develop the strategic vision and build a high functioning and strategic PMO with impact across the enterprise. You will work with stakeholders at all levels across the organization to develop dashboards and key success metrics to manage projects, monitor operations, and improve transparency.
You’ll need to provide diplomatic and timely communication in an agile work environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles. The role is also responsible for developing a robust and flexible project and program methodology for use throughout the organization, as well as effective project and program delivery and project prioritization.
Specifically, you will
- Lead PMO of 100+ project and program leaders with hundreds of concurrent technical and business project implementations.
- Scale the PMO to support a business that is growing 50%+ YoY.
- Develop strategy for PMO, set goals and metrics for measuring progress, demonstrate the value of program management
- Maintain oversight of projects and the operational efficiency of the PMO.
- Implement governance and standards as well as set the correct expectations for planning and execution.
- Ensure team leadership has a clear understanding of goals and timelines of plans.
- Establish a culture of rapid iteration and learning from failure
- Analyze and solve problems across the business globally.
- Coach the managers in PMO.
- Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Ensure clear and consistent performance and career expectations are in place for all roles and people in your organization.
- Influence peers and leadership to solve problems affecting how teams get their work done.
- Engage with peers, executive stakeholders, and PMO leadership to develop, communicate and promote PMO goals.
Requirements of the job
- You have 10+ years experience working in a technology company with a progressive career in program/project management.
- You have demonstrated experience leading a sizable team of project and program managers in a matrixed environment across multiple lines of business.
- You have built and lead an Enterprise PMO for a multinational corporation supporting a technology product.
- You have significant agile/lean experience in organizations leveraging agile/lean methodologies and in-depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe.
- You have exceptional process, analytical and communication capabilities, with all levels.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 20% of the time.
Who you are
- You can identify and implement process design and re-engineering to achieve both incremental and transformational business impact.
- You are comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people.
- You can present a persuasive argument based on a sound foundation of data.
- You have a bias for action and work comfortably with ambiguity.
- You can analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- You have experience defining and reporting on operational metrics.
- You use lean principles of continuous improvement.
- You influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership, and a customer-focused approach.
- You are admired as a leader and as an organizational manager.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.