Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Human Resources team champions our culture by working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and positive experience for all of our employees and potential new hires. Every month, over 200 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help hire and develop the people inside Indeed, who help people get jobs.
Indeed.com seeks a Human Resources Generalist who will be responsible for generalist duties in support of our Austin office. This position will be partnering with managers and employees to provide Human Resources consultation and support on HR initiatives in the areas of employee relations, administration, performance management and legal compliance.
- Develop a consultative role with managers in a variety of areas including communications, employee relations, performance management, resource management, team and individual development, practice/policy interpretation and application, and other management challenges.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Conduct employee relations investigations
- Proactively manages legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company guidelines, and governmental regulations
- Proactively respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following - benefits, employee relations, and company guidelines
- Partners with HR Team to develop and implement company-wide people programs
- Assists in new hire orientations and the onboarding of new hires
- 3+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience, including experience as an HR Coordinator or HR generalist
- Trusted advisor with a successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with high intellect, good communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and time-management skills in order to prioritize competing, multiple tasks simultaneously
- Functional experience in employee relations, compensation, performance management, and recruitment along with a strong familiarity with employees laws and regulations
- Experience working with managers and employees at all levels
- Strong analytical skills, including reporting, synthesizing data to identify themes and create solutions to address those issues
- Effectively copes with change, shift gears comfortably, and can decide and act without having the total picture
- Understanding of situational consulting
- Successful track record of delivering superior client service
- Proven coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; presentation and platform skills preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- PHR, SHRM-CP preferred
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.