Date published: 21-Apr-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
How you’ll spend the day:
Providing excellent user support to our global user-base, both local and remote.
Motivating, teaching, and leading your team of IT Support Specialists, by example
Enhancing the user experience through continuing to cultivate a customer focused IT approach in Austin region
Cooperating and coordinating with other departments to prepare for hiring trends, identify problem areas and define new processes and procedures
Independently diagnosing problems, coordinate resources, and resolve issues within IT
Making recommendations for improvements to existing processes and architecture
Independently troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading IT infrastructure including Google Apps, Network, VoIP, VPN, WiFi, and Video conferencing equipment
Maintaining and building upon the IT support team’s online documentation
Assigning tasks to team members based on workload and expertise
connectivity, and VPN connectivity
Growing the IT Support team - Interviewing and hiring for our offices
Identifying, negotiating, and interacting with equipment and service vendors
We’re looking for someone who
- Is a natural leader
- Is comfortable interacting with people throughout the day, both in person, on the phone, and over email and chat
- Exhibits keen attention to details
- Is excited by opportunities to travel
- Is passionate about technology in its many forms
- A third level qualification in a technical field is desirable
- 2-5 years of people management experience, ideally leading a team of IT Support Technicians
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Linux, Windows, and OS X
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Experience working with vendors and telecommunications providers
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on need
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.