Date published: 22-Jul-2016
How Indeed works.Indeed works when talented, passionate people come together to get a job done. Come help Indeed work. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
How this team works.
How this job works.
How you work.
- Enthusiastically teaching our internal users how to best interact with and utilize technology, providing support as needed via face to face interaction, chat, email, and telephone
- Resolving any issues related to our infrastructure, both internally hosted and cloud-based. This includes things like: e-mail, printers, wired and wireless networks, video conferencing, and VPN
- Provisioning new-hire accounts as well as preparing workstations and desks for use
- Tracking and maintaining your office’s equipment inventory
- Providing technical leadership and guidance for live events and video conferences
- Authoring and editing content our internal Wiki
- Researching new and innovative solutions to the technical challenges that arise
- Maintaining our technical facilities to the highest standard through cable management, workstation installations, rack-mounting, etc
- Learning from and educating your fellow team members
- Completing other technical projects and tasks as needed
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Japan and should not require, now or in the future, Indeed sponsorship for employment visa status
- Fluent English speaking and writing talent
- Business level Japanese strongly preferred
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Ability to work individually and within a team
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field
- 2+ years of experience as an IT Support Engineer, Analyst, or Administrator
- Demonstrable knowledge of some or all of the following: Networking, WiFi, Apple OSX, Cisco, Juniper, Linux, Windows
- Hands-on expertise with a VoIP phone system (Shoretel preferred)
- Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions
- Strong organizational and managerial skills and detail-oriented work ethic
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on needs
- Occasionally lift up to 60 lbs for equipment installation
- Ability to crouch beneath desks for workstation installation
- Ability to work on ladders for wireless system maintenance, etc
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.