Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Are you excited about tackling the technical challenges associated with extremely fast growth? Do you have a strong attention to detail and a desire to teach others? Are you passionate about technology in its many forms? Are you energized by interacting with people throughout the day, in person, on the phone, via email, and chat? If the answer to all of these is yes, then this Team Lead role for our IT Support team is the job for YOU!
Indeed needs a Team Lead to mentor and guide a growing team of IT Support Specialists supporting the Indeed offices in the Tokyo area. In this role, you’ll be supporting and coordinating with our development engineering, customer service, and sales teams to resolve technical and procedural challenges. You will be responsible for maintaining an excellent technical experience for our employees in the Japan offices and around the world.
If you enjoy helping and teaching others, creative problem solving, and assisting diverse and intelligent people, this position is a great opportunity to learn and make a positive impact on Indeed’s growth.
How you’ll spend the day
- Providing excellent user support to our global user-base, both local and remote.
- Motivating, teaching, and leading your team of IT Support Specialists, by example
- Enhancing the user experience through continuing to cultivate a customer focused IT policy in the Tokyo region
- Cooperating and coordinating with other departments to prepare for hiring trends, identify problem areas and define new processes and procedures
- Independently diagnosing problems, coordinate resources, and resolve issues within IT
- Making recommendations for improvements to existing processes and architecture
- Independently troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading IT infrastructure including Google Apps, Network, VoIP, VPN, WiFi, and Video conferencing equipment
- Maintaining and building upon the IT support team’s online documentation
- Assigning tasks to team members based on workload and expertise
- connectivity, and VPN connectivity
- Growing the IT Support team - Interviewing and hiring for our offices
- Identifying, negotiating, and interacting with equipment and service vendors
We’re looking for someone who
- Is a natural leader
- Engages in active listening and communication
- Gives actionable, constructive feedback and will ask for it regularly
- Is comfortable interacting with people throughout the day, both in person, on the phone, and over email and chat
- Exhibits keen attention to details
- Is excited by opportunities to travel
- Is passionate about technology in its many forms
- A third level qualification in a technical field is desirable
- 2+ years of people management experience, ideally leading a team of IT Support Technicians
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Linux, Windows, and OS X
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Experience working with vendors and telecommunications providers
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on need
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 60 lbs for equipment installation
- Ability to crouch beneath desks for workstation installation
- Ability to work on ladders for wireless system maintenance, etc
- English and Japanese, written and verbal
- Ability to write in Japanese to communicate via email to all levels of leadership
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.