Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
As an Information Security Data Engineer within Indeed, you’ll work closely with all of the security teams as well as data owners globally to help curate additional context to the large data sets within our data lake. You’ll help identify gaps and propose solutions in data sources that we are collecting from but not currently leveraging as part of our monitoring posture within security operations. Using your background in data engineering and analytics, you will help guide and build the security team in adding additional data to drive better decisions for Indeed’s security teams.
What you might do:
- Define a framework to document the data sources within the security data lake
- Create and implement a process to drive new data source onboarding
- Design, Build and Support data models using both real-time and historical analysis approaches to support the security team
- Create visualizations and reports to effectively convey the information discovered through data analysis
- Work closely with the security operations team to understand questions and challenges you can help solve using data science analysis methodologies
- Experienced at building new capabilities to support data modeling and analysis
- Ability to propose novel solutions to problems, show the feasibility of the solution and work with the stakeholders to bring the solutions to fruition
- Experience using your language of choice (Python, R, etc.) to perform analysis on large data sets
- Experience with developing dashboards or visualizations that improve or enable processes that are designed to improve business processes
- Familiarity with core Information Security concepts
- Experience working with Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana in real-time solutions
- Experience building and using AI and Machine learning capabilities
- Understanding of concepts such as anomaly detection vs signature detection or threat modeling
- Previous experience educating teams on how data modeling and analytics can help solve real-world security questions
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.