Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You donÕt have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
How this job works:
Indeed is seeking an Information Security Engineer who is passionate about securing innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day with over 180 million unique visitors per month. The Information Security Engineer will interact with stakeholders across all technical teams: Development, Quality Assurance, IT, Operations, and Product Management.
Information Security Engineer will be expected to perform some or all of the following:
- Work with other teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate vulnerabilities in their systems.
- Evaluating or creating new technologies and services in order to solve complex security issues
- Perform design reviews and risk assessments for new applications integrating with core services
- Perform analysis of log files and data outputs. Perform triage of incoming issues using ticket tracking system.
- Provide tuning recommendations of security tools based on analysis of empirical data.
- Produce and review daily and weekly metrics for security events.
- Deployment and administration of endpoint security tooling.
- Propose, design, and build new systems and processes.
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing processes and deployments.
- Stay up-to-date with trends in the information security community including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or related field, OR comparable level of professional experience.
- Knowledge of attack vectors (malware, web application, social engineering, etc) and attack surfaces (ports, firewalls, incoming data processing, interfaces, etc)
- Experience with open source technologies and environments.
- Automation and scripting experience in Python or similar.
- Hands-on experience with Linux and with network fundamentals.
Demonstrated focus in two or more of the following domains:
- Threat and vulnerability management
- Cloud security (AWS, GCE)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Network security and architecture
- Endpoint security
- Incident response
Preferred Additional Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Professional Security certifications such as: GIAC certifications, OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner), or comparable. Experience with MacOS.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.