Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Indeed is seeking a Security Manager who is excited about leading a team that secures innovative products and a global corporate infrastructure -- products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day with over 200 million unique visitors per month and over 25 global offices.
As Security Manager, you will provide leadership, mentorship and technical direction for a diverse group of highly proficient and motivated Security Engineers. You own the tactical execution and tasking of your team, and work to develop them into a tightly knit, highly functioning unit. We have many exciting improvements to make and look forward to your help in growing and building our Security team to make that happen. This is an exceptional opportunity to manage a growing team that helps secure one of the most visited web properties in the world.
You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and encouraging peer level communication. We are not a top down organization and greatly value the freedom to solve problems at any level. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You are well versed in your discipline and you have led security teams and earned the respect of talented security engineers. You are equally happy talking policy and guidelines as you are geeking out over the latest branded security vulnerability and exploits. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- Collaborate with Security Leadership to lead your team on delivering against agreed upon organizational goals, accounting for the way Indeed works and the unique challenges of securing our environment.
- Schedule and participate in coaching and mentoring sessions with your team.
- Perform and document quarterly performance reviews for team.
- Participate in defining security strategy for your area of expertise.
- Actively manage your portion of the security program and provide consistent status updates to Security Leadership regarding progress against objectives.
- Raise accountability by escalating issues in a timely manner and creating and maintaining detailed documentation.
- Resolve issues, dependencies, and conflicts; make certain that your teams are involved, engaged, and informed.
- Design and ensure technical documentation is maintained for your area.
- Stay up-to-date with trends in the information security community.
- Perform tech talks and other awareness campaigns to spread security knowledge throughout Indeed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or equivalent proof of baseline knowledge
- Knowledge of various frameworks/regulations such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, GDPR, SOX, ITIL, COBIT, COSO or similar
- 3+ years of multi-domain security experience.
- 2+ years of Security, or IT management, preferably for teams of 4+
- Accredited certifications a plus, such as: CISSP, OSCP, GCIH (Certified Incident Handler) GCIA (Certified Intrusion Analyst) CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- Previous SOC / NOC experience a plus
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects and assist/advise your engineers in establishing appropriate priorities
- Ability to manage key customer relationships, including with senior managers
- Ability to influence a cross functional team to accomplish goals
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Indeed provides fantastic benefits so that we can focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.