Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
How this job works:
Indeed is seeking an Infrastructure Security Engineer who is passionate about securing innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day with over 180 million unique visitors per month. The Infrastructure Security Engineer will interact with stakeholders across all technical teams: Development, Quality Assurance, IT, Operations, and Product Management.
- Implement, operate, and monitor cloud security tools
- Work with other teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate vulnerabilities in their systems.
- Perform analysis of log files and data outputs. Perform triage of incoming issues using ticket tracking system.
- Provide tuning recommendations of cloud security tools based on traffic patterns.
- Create wiki articles to document incident handling and investigation procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with trends in the information security community including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products.
- Perform tech talks and other awareness campaigns to spread security knowledge throughout Indeed.
- Identify malicious or anomalous activity based on event data from access logs, firewalls, WAF, IPS, and other sources.
- Produce and review daily and weekly metrics for security events.
- Other tasks as assigned
How you work:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security, Information Systems, or a related field, OR comparable level of professional experience.
- Foundational knowledge of security concepts and principles
- Cloud security experience (AWS and GCP preferred) and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) security experience
- Experience with one or more of the following tools/suites/technologies:
- Accredited certifications such as: Google Professional Cloud Security Engineer, AWS Certified Security - Specialty, GCIH (Certified Incident Handler) GCIA (Certified Intrusion Analyst) CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- Knowledge of attack vectors (malware, web application, social engineering, etc) and attack surfaces (ports, firewalls, incoming data processing, interfaces, etc)
- Experience with open source technologies and environments.
- Implemented and supported security monitoring devices.
- Previous System Administration or Desktop Support experience.
- Automation and scripting experience in Python, Golang or similar.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.