Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 6,800,000 - 8,600,000 JPY
We are looking for someone who has experience with web projects or tech products, loves to crunch numbers, and has comprehensive knowledge of Japan market. You will act as the subject matter expert for all products as they relate to Japan. Share our commitment to deliver the best job search engine in Japan! This is a great opportunity to take ownership, develop skills across marketing, product, QA and all around business skills for the Japanese Indeed site.
Provide expert guidance on product portfolio in Japan
Research, identify and address localization needs for the Japanese product
Oversee compliance and quality control measures for Japanese job postings
Manage data cleanse and quality for Japanese job seeker listings
Support search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns
Analyze and monitor key user metrics to improve our products and marketing efforts, specific to the Japanese talent market
Answer web-based inquiries from publishers, partners, users and customers Identify opportunities for improvements for the Japanese user base and provide evidence-backed proposals to implement them
As needed, support the Legal Team in resolving and mitigating legal matters in the Japanese market
Localize the website and support English to Japanese translations
Leverage proprietary software and systems to analyze data and monitor site performance
Apply subject matter expertise to evaluate relevant market material
Provide expert knowledge to guide sales and marketing strategies
Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to define new and enhanced products for the Japanese market
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or a closely related analytical field
- Master's degree in Business, Mathematics or a closely related analytical field, preferred
- 2+ years of work experience preferred
- Expert fluency of Japanese is a requirement
- In depth experience working and/or living in Japan
- In-depth knowledge and integrated experience with Japanese culture
- Excited about web and mobile technology
- Expert written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to recognize patterns and issues specific to the Japanese market
- Passion for digging into a problem and providing simple solutions
- Proven multi-tasker who can work independently and across functional team
- Detail oriented and extremely organized Web analytics, tech product, Excel and SEM/SEO experience is a plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.