Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they're not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
- Coordinate and prioritize the team’s work in JIRA, based on criteria you’ll help to shape
- Hold weekly 1-on-1 meetings (in person or remote) with all team members
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to develop and test query management and rule writing tools
- Evaluate the accuracy of team member work, giving timely feedback to analysts
- Lead cross-functional projects, potentially with external vendors, to improve relevance at scale
- Develop internal processes and workflows with an eye toward efficiency
- Perform the tasks of a Query Management Analyst when necessary, including but not limited to analyzing data on queries, creating and moderating rules, and moving synsets in or out of progress, testing, and production
- Suggest ways to improve and scale our products and internal tools
- Refine and standardize onboarding, ongoing training, and documentation for the Query Management Team
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews for potential new hires
- Manage PTO and other HR processes, including employee development
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews in conjunction with the Query Management Manager
- Coordinate with Search Quality and International Product stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of solutions to query-based issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in two of the following languages: Japanese, German, and/or French
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated cross-functional collaboration
- Passion for supporting and helping team members to grow in their roles
- Strong background in research and analysis, including the ability to evaluate source authority
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in technical environments and happy to learn new systems as needed
- Honed time management skills and demonstrated success in handling multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to balance quick decision-making with attention to quality and accuracy
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in information retrieval, linguistics, data analysis, or another applicable field
- 1+ years of experience in query management or search quality operations
- 1+ years of coaching or leading a team
- Experience developing, implementing, and/or maintaining manual and automated tasks in a business environment
- Experience interviewing and hiring candidates
- Proficiency with Google G Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts, etc.)
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.