Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they’re not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
As an International Search Quality Operations Analyst - Japanese, you are responsible for protecting the integrity of Indeed’s products by investigating fraudulent job postings and identifying questionable business practices. You will come up with innovative ideas to drive tool development and process improvements, which will significantly improve search experience for millions of users.
As an ideal candidate, you’ve been described as driven, intelligent, detail-oriented and passionate about your market(s). You take pride in both finding problems and identifying their solutions. You will perform an in-depth quality analysis of your market(s) on a daily basis using several internal tools. You possess a "go-getter" attitude and enjoy identifying market-specific issues and devising creative solutions.
- Use your language skills & knowledge of the market to provide an analytical perspective of quality standards
- Strategize new project ideas that will help improve search quality in your market
- Collaborate with other International team members to share ideas for best practices globally
- Perform live site checks to gain perspective on the job seeker’s experience and catch live fraud
- Identify and monitor ongoing fraud and scam trends for your market
- Search Indeed’s reputation in your market by identifying any user complaints regarding Search Quality (ie. BBB equivalent)
- Moderate the quality of jobs and accounts by effectively recognizing problematic patterns and "red flags"
- Interface with employees across multiple sites and products to help identify and resolve quality issues
- Help define the policies that guide company-wide quality decisions
- Ensure that job seekers get the most out of their job search experience
- 100% native fluency in Japanese and near-native fluency in English
- Strong familiarity with Japanese culture and trends
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in English-to-Japanese translation and localization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver clear and succinct interpretations of extensive research in a manner accessible to all relevant Indeed teams
- Curious-minded enough to pursue open-ended leads, but pragmatic enough to understand when to move on from an issue
- Self starter, intellectually curious and comfortable operating in a fast paced, ever changing environment and feel comfortable asking questions when necessary
- Ability to quickly identify patterns and trends across seemingly unrelated content
- Capability to validate and explain trends and results compared to outlined success metrics
- Passionate about digging into a problem and figuring it out
- Constantly driven to improve your area of responsibility
- Technical knowledge with a proficiency in manipulating data sets in SQL or equivalent and drawing insights from data
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, positive, proactive, self-directed and results-oriented
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
To be considered, you must complete and include the following into the 'Cover Letter' or 'Note' section of the application process.
Conduct a unique query on indeed.com that produces questionable, suspicious or low quality results, and answer the following questions:
- Did you use “work from home”? That’s boring, try again.
- What query did you use, and why?
- Link at least one posting that might require further investigation, and explain why this posting caught your eye.
- How would we find more postings like this?
- Is this posting a scam? How would you know for sure?
- What suggestions do you have for what we should do with a posting like this?
- What ideas do you have on how we can protect job seekers and ensure they have the best job search experience?
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.