Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they’re not being duped by scams or fraud, or preoccupied with low-quality listings. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and job search processes. Simply put, with International Search Quality teams in Austin, Dublin, Tokyo, Hyderabad and Singapore, we help people get the right jobs globally
How this job works:
As an International Search Quality Operations Analyst, you are responsible for protecting the integrity of Indeed’s products by investigating fraudulent job postings and identifying questionable business practices. You will come up with innovative ideas to drive tool development and process improvements, that might significantly improve the search experience for millions of users.
As an ideal candidate, you’ve been described as driven, curious minded, detail-oriented, and someone who enjoys working in a problem-solving environment. You take pride in both finding problems and identifying their solutions. You are able to make difficult or wide ranging decisions based on Indeed’s current policy guidelines and are capable of developing a comprehensive view of our policies in order to make nuanced decisions. You possess a “go-getter” attitude and enjoy identifying market-specific issues and devising creative solutions.
- Use your language skills and knowledge of the market to evaluate quality standards with supporting data for assigned markets
- Strategize and initiate new project ideas that will help improve search quality in international markets with a focus on Japanese market within APAC region
- Collaborate with other International team members, such as Product and Engineering, to improve product features and job seeker experiences globally
- Perform research and deep dive investigation moderate in scope to protect job seeker experience, maintain job quality and mitigate fraud
- Ability to interpret data, and acquire technical skills to help develop tools, automate processes and analyze data to identify and monitor ongoing fraud and quality trends in assigned markets
- Manage quality standards and communication flow with vendors and employees both internally and externally across multiple locations
- Facilitate training and maintain training materials for vendors, new hires and other teams such as Client Success and Sales
- Use project management skills to organize all initiatives, prioritize projects and execute against market goals
- Help define the policies that guide company-wide quality decisions and take direction as to the appropriate level of policy restrictions for specific markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business or technical field (or 2+ years of experience in related areas)
- Bilingual in both Japanese and English (Excellent written and oral communication)
- Familiarity with Japanese market
- Familiarity with constructing search queries and analyzing data sets, and basic knowledge of SQL preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-directed, eager to learn in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Detail oriented, solid time management skills, and ability to constantly adjust priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and improve operational efficiency
To be considered, you must complete and include the following into the 'Cover Letter' or 'Note' section of the application process:
Conduct a unique query on www.indeed.com that produces questionable, suspicious or low quality results, and answer the following questions:
What query did you use, and why?
Link at least one posting that might require further investigation, and explain why this posting caught your eye.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.