Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they're not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
The International Taxonomy Analyst - Portuguese is responsible for developing taxonomies and ontologies and applying metadata in order to define the common Indeed language for job seekers and jobs and significantly improve the job search experience for millions of Indeed users.
As an ideal candidate, you have a comprehensive knowledge of the market in a Portuguese-speaking country and fluency in the Portuguese language. You’ve been described as driven, curious, enthusiastic, analytical, and detail-oriented. You balance strong organizational skills with flexibility, understanding and embracing the ambiguity that comes with working with rapidly developing processes and tools. You naturally find problems and delight in identifying their solutions. Most importantly, you believe in user-centered design and are excited to help people get jobs.
Collaborate with Taxonomy team members to develop and test taxonomies and ontologies with the aim of improving Indeed search results
Conduct a range of analyses (competitive/comparative, internal data sources, user research) to inform taxonomy development process
Develop subject matter expertise in the semantics of jobs and job seekers to inform and advocate for structured data that will power Indeed product experiences
Create complex boolean queries to efficiently classify and extract relevant content according to Indeed’s taxonomy structure and category definitions
Evaluate classified content to identify gaps in coverage, misclassified content, redundant and/or ineffective categorization rules
Create and maintain mappings and crosswalks to fulfill business needs and facilitate data reuse
Submit feature requests for internal tools, describing use cases with an eye toward efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese and English
- Substantial experience working and/or living in Brazil, Portugal, or another Portuguese-speaking country
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in technical environments and happy to learn new systems as needed
- Strong background in research and analysis, including the ability to evaluate source authority
- Ability to context switch between systems-level thinking and attention to minute details
- Honed time management skills and demonstrated success in handling multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to balance quick decision-making with attention to quality and accuracy
- Familiarity with information recall concepts
- Proficiency with Google G Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Hangouts, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing, implementing, and/or maintaining controlled vocabularies (thesauri, taxonomies, ontologies) in a business environment
- Strong data retrieval and structured query search skills and experience classifying and refining results
- Experience analyzing large datasets
- Knowledge of SQL or SPARQL
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.