Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a newly formed content strategy team partnering very closely with UX Design, Product Management, SEO and Research in Tokyo Seattle, San Francisco, and Austin, to build the most popular job site on the planet. Our goal is simple and clear: To deliver the right solutions to the real-world problems that employers and job seekers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
As a Copywriter on our Tokyo team, you’ll apply your passion for creating clear, concise, and on-brand copy across a range of web and mobile experiences for job seekers and employers. You’ll assist users by writing clear instructions, intuitive labels and compelling calls to action. You'll partner with product managers, ux designers, researchers and senior team members to identify unmet or insufficient user communication needs and solve them..
- Perform review and analysis of existing content across identified flows to identify elements that would benefit from testing and/or optimization.
- Write clear, concise, usable and useful editorial copy, user interface text, emails and landing page content, and community/social media responses and moderation.
- Partner with subject matter experts to explain products/tools to end users in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Ensure that online content supports SEO and follows corporate brand standards, web style guidelines, local legal and compliance and is consistent across multiple experiences, platforms and touchpoints.
- Incorporate learnings from analytics data and usability testing into development of content.
- Assist with localization efforts when needed to identify and test specific copy changes needed to be relevant and accurate in different locales.
- Manage deadlines and deliverables across concurrent projects.
- Native level reading, writing and speaking fluency in both English and Japanese.
- University degree in creative writing, technical writing, journalism, advertising, marketing or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of web content production and UI writing experience.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills; can fit a complex idea into a handful of words.
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers and product managers.
- Able to balance business and marketing needs with user needs for clarity and transparency.
- Strong technical literacy, with skills in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides as well as basic HTML.
- Knowledge of A/B testing, usability testing and web analytics.
- Understanding of SEO principles.
Unique high profile opportunity
Indeed is making a major investment in content strategy and design. We are aggressively growing a global team and investing in a new, modern, design language. This is an opportunity to use this new design language and take one of the world’s top sites (indeed.com - #50 in US, #150 globally per Alexa) to the next level.
Your contributions will make a difference
If you are the type of technical writer that wants to know that what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able to confidently describe how your copy has benefited both job seeker and employer’s user experience. And that means you’ll be helping people get jobs.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.