Additional Posting Location(s): Atlanta, Austin - Downtown, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Grand Rapids, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Montreal, Nashville, New York City, Norway, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Remote - Canada, Remote - US, Richmond, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, Scottsdale, Seattle, Stamford, Tampa, Toronto, Washington DC
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Our Assessments team has a simple mission: help candidates get the right job. We let people build a profile to demonstrate their knowledge, skills, and abilities using job assessments… we’re trying to make the resume a thing of the past.
Our team is highly distributed geographically so this position is open to remote candidates anywhere in the US, Canada, or Brazil as well as in our offices in Austin and San Francisco.
Our team is nimble and scrappy. We ship new capabilities often and quickly by explicitly asking ourselves the 80/20 question a.k.a. the Pareto Principle.
- Build the core functionality of our assessments platform and own design and execution
- Develop our API and integrations with external applicant tracking systems like Greenhouse and Jobvite
- Scale to serve 100M+ job seekers
- 2+ years industry experience in Java
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 5+ years industry experience in software development
- Has a passion for performance and scalability
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- Significant experience with large-scale, high-performance systems
- Thrives on simplifying complex information
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.