Date published: 22-Jul-2016
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Your job.The Test Automation Team seeks junior automation engineers who thrive on conceiving and leveraging software and methodologies for testing and measuring rapidly evolving distributed systems.Indeed is one of the most visited web properties in the world, with hundred of millions of pageviews per day. Underlying Indeed’s site is a complex and sophisticated system of interconnected frontend and backend services processing petabytes of data, running in data centers distributed around the planet. We deploy improvements to our site daily.
About you.In this role you’ll...
- Write effective tools and infrastructure to test complex, large-scale, distributed systems
- Collaborate with developers to define and develop reusable test frameworks
- Build tools that make our Development and QA teams more productive
- Devise ways to measure system throughput, capacity, and reliability
- Leverage production data to test how our systems perform in the real world
- Promote best practices for creating and maintaining high-quality software
As a prospective candidate, you should...
- Have a passion for making sure software does what it’s supposed to do
- Love to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Have Bachelors in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- Have hands-on experience with Java or Python, or similar language experience
- Be familiar with networking tools and configuration
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with building and/or testing backend systems
- 2 years experience using and writing tools to test frontend and backend systems
- Experience delivering unit-tested, high-quality, reusable, maintainable code
- Experience with testing and debugging distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Experience with performance testing of frontend and backend systems
- Experience with or knowledge of complex system architectures
- The ability to find creative testing approaches and ways to measure them
- The ability to recognize constraints that hinder developers and quality analysts from delivering high-quality software
- The drive to create tools and frameworks to remove those constraints
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.