Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal Team is devoted to leading projects that support Indeed's global infrastructure growth. Members of the Legal Team work closely with multiple departments within the organization, such as Product, Engineering, Marketing, Procurement, Finance, HR and IT, to review legal issues and implement decisions in order to get internal teams the tools and products they need to get their job done, while mitigating risk and exposure to the company. We take pride in our strong analytical competencies, our detailed knowledge of Indeed’s various teams and needs, and our ability to build and maintain strong relationships to help us achieve our goals. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentives, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Austin Area Base Salary Range: 153,000 - 213,000 USD per year
Lead Counsel, Staffing is a confident and articulate individual with the ability to independently analyze and make decisions in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing laws applicable to staffing agencies, offering legal risk mitigation strategies across multiple jurisdictions, and above all, developing a legal framework for product offerings in this industry. You are business and tech-savvy, possess strong project and people management skills, and are accustomed to working with people all over the world. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment and is passionate about problem-solving while showing great attention to detail.
- Develop a full legal approach for Staffing and the on-line staffing industry
- Develop proper contracts and business protections for the sale of staffing services
- Review and analyze Indeed’s staffing services for compliance with laws and regulations; work with the Product teams and legal analysts on these issues
- Work with the HR attorneys to counsel the staffing entities regarding the full range of issues that may arise during staffing employment, including with respect to recruitment and hiring, diversity, ethics, discrimination, performance management, terminations, and general HR compliance
- Work on ad hoc legal compliance projects, including but not limited to, new policies, trainings, templates and processes
- Remain up-to-date on legal/regulatory updates affecting the company, particularly those impacting staffing, and help implement these updates
- Work in close partnership with various other departments such as HR, Accounting, Finance, Product, Engineering, International Business Operations and others, to help identify and answer legal needs
- Act as a leader on the team by mentoring and coaching more junior team members
- J.D. required
- Member in good standing of any US state bar (Texas, New York, Connecticut, Washington state or California preferred)
- Minimum of 9 years experience practicing law;
- Minimum of 4 years advising clients in the staffing industry. Please do not apply without this experience. Your application will not be considered.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new areas of law and tech
- Flexible, well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the US regulatory regime in the HR sphere: FCRA, background check laws, drug testing laws, the TCPA, the Wiretap Act, the Stored Communications Act, and other similar regulatory regimes and how those laws interact with web-based services
- Insurance experience as it relates to this industry
- Experience managing other attorneys
How to apply
We value attention to detail. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhire/IndeedBenefits
EEO and Accommodations
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.