Additional Posting Location(s): Austin, San Francisco
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Lead Data Engineer Lead at Indeed you will provide hands-on leadership for a team of Embedded Data Engineers. Each Embedded Data Engineer will be placed on a different product engineering team and will be tasked with ensuring adherence to data standards, creating reporting datasets, documenting datasets, and collaborating with various data stakeholders to produce coherent data models. The Embedded Data Engineer role is new to Indeed, so you will be responsible for helping to define the specific responsibilities and deliverables for this role and for directing Embedded Data Engineers on how to be successful in this role.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same. You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- Significant prior success as a Data Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Master’s Degree (or a B.S. degree with relevant industry experience) in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
- Strong CS fundamentals, problem-solving skills and software engineering skills
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent data modeling skills
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- Strong ability to coach data engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.