Date published: 25-Jul-2016
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Who are we looking for?
You are well versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and will select the best and most appropriate platform for the task. When possible, you are able to deliver prototypes using the same technologies as the platform upon which the experience will ship, and you know when doing so is not necessary or practical. You understand the strengths and weaknesses of the delivery platform, and are able to identify opportunities and work creatively within the constraints it imposes.
You will work with a distributed, highly capable team of designers, researchers and engineers, iterating on concepts that fulfill Indeed’s mission of helping people get jobs. You will help design, implement, and refine prototypes that inspire action around the results.
- At least 5+ years’ experience collaborating with UX/UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle from ideation and prototyping to successfully launched applications.
- Proficiency in the tools and practices of prototyping frameworks (e.g. jQuery, Bootstrap, Backbone, Underscore, static site generators, etc.), and familiarity with modern web development tools and practices (e.g. React, React Native, Webpack, NPM modules, Sass, browser dev tools, debugging etc.)
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience collaborating with or working as part of development teams through full product development cycle.
- Working knowledge of design tools, such as photoshop, sketch, framer, etc.
- HCI and research experience, including mobile HCI, tangible interfaces, and physical computing.
- Experience in front-end design or partnering with visual and interaction designers to define and iterate on an idea.
- Experience prototyping and iterating for user research and usability studies.
- Proven ability to innovate within and extend current technology through prototypes.
- Ability to work with and advance internal authoring tools
And why would you want to work here?
People like it here
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in making products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, I look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.