Date published: 19-Jan-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are looking for a senior researcher to lead research activities for all sourcing products. This researcher will also manage and mentor a small but growing research team.
So what would you be doing?
Indeed helps people find jobs. We are best known for our job search (http://www.indeed.com), but we also offer many sourcing products. These sourcing products include Indeed Resume, which allows job seekers to post their resume, and allows employers to search resumes.
Some of the ways you may support the team include:
- Validate new designs through ad-hoc user feedback sessions with internal users or customers
- Plan and carry out interviews and surveys to inform future product work
- Relationship building with key customers to gain deeper insights
- Open ended “show me how you use it” interviews with customers and prospects
- Establish and manage relationships with research related vendors
- Ideal candidate will take the initiative to introduce impactful user research to product teams
- 8+ years conducting user research for software/web based products with stories to share
- Ideally, experience managing other researchers. At a minimum, experience with mentorship.
- Fast - Ability to quickly share research results with teams (top line results in hours, not weeks)
- Flexible approach to research: Our goal is to provide product teams value. If an existing research method doesn’t do that, we invent our own research method
- Ability to perform all research related tasks in the research project lifecycle: Create a test plan, write a screener, recruit users, schedule users, moderate test, create video clip highlights, top line results, create research findings summary, and effectively present and share results.
- Experience with remote testing tools
- Established relationships with trusted research vendors a plus
And why would you want to work here?
People like it here.
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
Your research will make a difference.
If you are the type of researcher that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently describe how your research has improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful.
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of.
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us.
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters.
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in helping make products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.