Additional Posting Location(s): Austin, Stamford
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Indeed is seeking a Lease Accountant to join our growing Accounting team in our Austin, TX office. Our team consists of experienced, motivated, and self-sufficient high performers. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, attention to detail and be able to work in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Responsible for month-end financial reporting and accounting tasks, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and financial reports
- Analyze and account for new leases, lease amendments, renewals, and other lease modifications in accordance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Responsible for preparing lease schedules
- Lead the US accounting process for ASC 842 and IFRS 16
- Prepare variance analyses for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with other functions within Indeed (Real Estate, FP&A, Tax, etc.)
- Liaise with outside auditors and other consultants
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- 3+ years of experience in lease accounting with progressive responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Track record of working independently with limited required direction and guidance on simultaneous projects and teams
- Ability to respond to internal requests for support and assistance in a prompt and professional manner
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Strong time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- CPA and/or Masters degree in Accounting
- Prior experience working in an internet advertising or ecommerce company
- Prior experience with Google Apps and other cloud computing applications
- Prior experience with Visual Lease or a similar lease accounting & management software
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.