Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal Team is devoted to leading projects that support Indeed's global infrastructure growth. Members of the Legal Team work closely with multiple departments within the organization, such as Product, Engineering, Marketing, Procurement, Finance, HR and IT, to review legal issues and implement decisions in order to get internal teams the tools and products they need to get their job done, while mitigating risk and exposure to the company. We take pride in our strong analytical competencies, our detailed knowledge of Indeed’s various teams and needs, and our ability to build and maintain strong relationships to help us achieve our goals. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
Indeed is seeking a Legal Analyst to join our growing Legal team. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, be able to work at a fast pace, and have strong attention to detail.
- Manage inbound questions from internal stakeholders and work closely with in-house counsel to resolve complex matters related to HR compliance, immigration and staffing
- Lead meetings to discuss issues, present findings and determine strategy for solutions
- Document legal recommendations and communicate them to HR and other stakeholders within Indeed using appropriate terminology and discretion
- Represent the Legal team in cross-functional projects and ensure that Legal’s requirements are understood and implemented
- Maintain a repository of Legal responses and create Legal resources and processes for internal Indeed teams
- Identify and implement process improvements within the Legal team and with stakeholders in other departments
- Track implementation of legal recommendations to completion, and coordinate spot checks to ensure consistent adoption
- Prepare complex immigration applications and petitions for in-house counsel review
- Prepare and maintain immigration compliance paperwork
- Maintain immigration management system, track deadlines and visa expirations with 100% accuracy
- Assist in-house counsel and other teams with ad hoc research and projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing and implementing new organizational procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Team player with strong influencing and communication skills at all organizational levels
- Self-directed, organized, and capable of handling multiple, complex projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ever-changing circumstances while able to exercise sound judgment in decision-making
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
A plus if you have:
- Experience working in general litigation, regulatory investigations, HR or staffing compliance, or immigration
- Proficiency in a second language such as German, French, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or Japanese
How to apply:
We value attention to detail. Please submit your application with a cover letter, which should include brief answers to the following:
Explain why you want to work at Indeed
Explain how your previous work experiences are relevant to this role
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.