Additional Posting Location(s): Austin
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
Indeed is seeking a Legal Analyst to join our growing Legal team. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, be able to work at a fast pace, and have strong attention to detail.
- Act as liaison between the Legal team and Global Mobility, HR and other business units as needed
- Prepare complex immigration applications and petitions for attorney review
- Prepare and maintain immigration compliance paperwork
- Maintain immigration management system, track deadlines and visa expirations with 100% accuracy
- Assist with larger immigration policy and procedure improvements
- Work closely with immigration counsel to resolve complex immigration issues
- Document Legal team’s opinions and decisions in a detailed manner
- Clearly communicate Legal decisions to Global Mobility, HR and other stakeholders within Indeed
- Assist with HR-legal needs on ad hoc basis (investigations; research), including as a liaison with external counsel and internal HR stakeholders
- Assist with all phases of scheduling and discovery in litigations and arbitrations
- Maintain repository of Legal responses and create Legal resources and processes for internal Indeed teams
- Perform ad hoc administrative tasks as a member of the Legal team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully manage frequent changing of priorities and workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate issues before they arise. Proactively seeks improvements to processes/systems and sees projects through to completion
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. Works efficiently and can switch gears quickly if projects need to be set aside for high priority escalations and urgent matters
- Experience working independently with limited required direction and guidance on simultaneous complex projects with multiple teams/stakeholders
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Team player with ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Maintains a positive attitude even while working under pressure
- Experience working on immigration and/or litigation
- Knowledge of a second language such as German, French, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or Japanese
How to apply:
We value attention to detail. To apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
Also in your cover letter:
Explain why you want to work at Indeed
Explain how your previous work experiences are relevant to this role
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.