Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The Legal Compliance Analyst is a highly organized individual with excellent attention to detail and the ability to lead projects effectively from beginning to end. You will work closely with our team of in-house attorneys to provide support and guidance for legal-related initiatives and to collaborate proactively with other departments on the resolution of product and business issues.
- Manage inbound questions from various Product teams as well as other business teams (e.g. Corporate Development, Finance, etc.)
- Investigate Product and other business teams’ requests for legal review, and present the resulting research to attorneys by providing detailed background, analyzing risk vs. benefit, anticipating areas of conflict and proposing creative solutions on the go
- Document legal recommendations and communicate them to Product and business teams using appropriate terminology and discretion
- Track implementation of legal recommendations to completion, and coordinate spot checks to ensure consistent adoption
- Work with attorneys to identify legal risks to the business, conduct investigations and make recommendations for solutions
- Represent the Legal team in cross-functional projects and ensure that Legal’s requirements are understood and implemented by other teams and departments
- Identify and implement process improvements within the Legal team and with stakeholders in other departments
- Develop and support compliance-focused trainings and other materials for internal teams and departments
- Support and project manage due diligence investigations for potential mergers and acquisitions
- Assist attorneys and other teams with ad hoc research and projects as necessary
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years demonstrated work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience designing and implementing new organizational procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Team player with strong influencing and communication skills at all organizational levels
- Self-directed, organized and capable of handling multiple, complex projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ever-changing circumstances while able to exercise sound judgement in decision-making
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
A plus if you have:
- Background in a legal/compliance, consulting, or analyst role
- Proficiency in a second language such as German, French, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or Japanese
How to apply
Please submit your application with a cover letter, which should include brief answers to the following questions:
- List languages in which you are proficient
- Explain how pay-per-click advertising works and its benefits
- List 3 factors you would consider when evaluating whether Indeed should launch an existing product feature in a new country
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.