Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Senior Linux IT Systems Administrator you will enhance the lives of our internal teams by improving the systems we work with every day. As a technical expert, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining corporate IT infrastructure. Nothing is off limits-- you can work with automation, systems deployment and management, virtualization, DevOps, and SRE
You will have the opportunity to improve our open-source based systems management infrastructure. Your contributions will not only help Indeed but possibly millions of open source users worldwide.
- Develop and enhance automation through scripting and/or Puppet
- Evaluate and integrate new technology to enhance our productivity
- Build systems which make our rapidly growing infrastructure manageable and secure
- Collaborate with open source communities such as Samba and Puppet
- Work with Tech Services teams to implement our developed systems
- Design deployment procedures for our products and take ownership of rollouts to assure success
- Work fast, and make data-driven decisions
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Proficiency with Python, Ruby, or PHP
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Linux, and OS X
- Independent ability to research technical problems and devise innovative solutions
- Interest in learning and taking on increasingly complex tasks
- Strong organizational and managerial skills and detail-oriented work ethic
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on business needs
- Perform rotational on-call duties
- Willingness to travel occasionally, at least once per quarter
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.