Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are the people behind the scenes of Indeed's search results. We ensure that our results are ranked as best as they can be for our job seekers and that they’re not being duped by scams or fraud. Beyond search, we invest heavily in ensuring that Indeed has the best data analysis tools available to optimize our recruiting products and run accurate A/B tests. Simply put, we help people get the right jobs.
The Location Operations Manager is responsible for establishing and overseeing a team of location operations analysts focused on significantly improving the job search experience for millions of Indeed users. You’ll work across business units to better understand, improve, and promote the value of accurate, comprehensive location data for both job seekers and employers.
As an ideal candidate, you can balance large-scale initiatives and specific details. You bring a background in and enthusiasm for geographic systems and are constantly striving to learn and try new things as technology evolves. You are creative, resourceful, innovative, and willing to move quickly to test and implement your ideas and the ideas of others. You’re comfortable with ambiguity while simultaneously striving to improve clarity.
At Indeed, you will play a direct role in shaping the job search experience and helping to define the long-term strategy for a rapidly developing, international team.
- Explore the quality and availability of existing job location data within the Indeed ecosystem
- Evaluate third-party data sources for both comprehensiveness and accuracy
- Determine and document best practices for gathering, storing, analyzing, displaying, and continuously measuring and improving Indeed’s location data
- Hire, train, and manage a team of operations analysts focused on improving Indeed’s location job data and accompanying structured metadata
- Work closely with engineers to develop and iterate on operational tool requirements
- Collaborate and communicate cross-functionally with colleagues in product, operations, engineering, and other business units across Indeed’s global offices
- Establish goals, guidelines, and workflows for off-site scaled operations workforces, where applicable
- Determine appropriate metrics and testing for evaluating team and process performance
- Contribute to and potentially lead company-level strategy and roadmap planning for location-based initiatives
- Conduct weekly 1-on-1s and quarterly and annual reviews for all direct reports
- 5+ years of experience in a geographic- or location-focused role
- Demonstrated success in managing large-scale projects, preferably in an agile environment
- Proficiency with geographic information systems (GIS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to engage in conversations with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for supporting and helping team members to grow in their roles
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in one or more coding languages (e.g., SQL, Python, Java)
- Ability to balance quick decision-making with attention to quality and accuracy
- Experience interviewing and hiring candidates
- Desire to stay up-to-date on best practices and trends in your field
- Experience designing and coding web applications
- Experience working with geographic/location data in a technical product environment
- Experience with user-centric design principles
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.