Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
The Manager of Global Procurement will have responsibility for global indirect tactical Procurement and managing the global Procurement team for day to day activities in a centralized Procurement model. Functional responsibilities include driving operational execution, people management, spend analytics, category management, and purchasing and vendor management functions.
- Support the purchasing function and stakeholders communicating any supply challenges which may impact on business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes, new projects and activities.
- Contact suppliers to resolve escalated queries through error management reconciliation.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies, and market suppliers.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Provide analysis of costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers through quarterly business reviews (QBR’s) of tier 1 suppliers.
- Establish, monitor and direct preparation of monthly and quarterly metric reports.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous business improvements.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Project management focus from inception through to completion.
- Developing policies, procedures, and structure for world-class procurement results.
- Developing sourcing strategies and action plans to support Indeed’s objectives.
- Use a consultative approach to ensure high utilization by internal stakeholders.
- Drive spend aggregation, vendor consolidation, and strategic sourcing disciplines.
- Provide input to the annual budgeting process to ensure that purchasing benefits are memorialized in reduced spending targets where appropriate.
Skills & Attributes:
Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders, and suppliers.
Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets.
Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfillment.
Ability to work well under pressure and handle emergency situations.
Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
BA/BS degree in business, supply chain management, finance, or a related field. MBA preferred.
15 + years of experience in global procurement commodities. i.e. IT, Business Services & Professional Services in large multinational organizations and managing a global remote team of Buyers.
Excellent knowledge of commonly-used procurement concepts, practices, and procedures.
Excellent knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
Experience of working closely with global suppliers.
Ability to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
Experience with world class ERP systems and successful implementations required.
Strong understanding of global Procurement operations with a focus on tactical execution of PO’s, contracts, and negotiation strategies.
High degree of understanding and usage of e-procurement tools.
Excellent understanding of the Procure to Pay (P2P) procurement process.
Intacct, MS Office Suite, Google Suite knowledge is required; Workday preferred.
Create and report metrics and monitor process compliance.
Identify and drive process improvements.
Good knowledge of contract management in mitigating risk factors.
Team manager and individual contributor.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.