Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You donÕt have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Your job.How an IT Support Manager works: Are you excited about tackling the technical challenges associated with extremely fast growth? Do you have a strong attention to detail and a desire to teach others? Are you passionate about technology in its many forms? Are you energized by interacting with people throughout the day, in person, on the phone, via email, and chat? If the answer to all of these is yes, then this role for our IT Support team is the job for YOU! Indeed needs a talented and experienced manager to mentor and guide a growing team of IT Support Specialists supporting the Indeed offices in the Seattle area. In this role, you’ll be supporting, coordinating, and collaborating with your fellow IT Managers, our development engineering, customer service, and sales teams to resolve technical and procedural challenges. You will be responsible for maintaining an excellent technical experience for our employees on the West Coast, and around the world. If you enjoy helping and teaching others, creative problem solving, and assisting diverse and intelligent people, this position is a great opportunity to learn and make a positive impact on Indeed’s growth. How you’ll spend the day:
- Growing the IT Support team - Interviewing and hiring for our offices
- Motivating, teaching, and leading your team of IT Support Specialists by example
- Fostering a customer focused culture in the team
- Cooperating and coordinating with other departments to prepare for hiring trends, identify problem areas and define new processes and procedures
- Collaborating with the global team of IT Managers
- Driving improvements to existing processes and system architecture
- Maintaining and building upon the IT support team’s online documentation
- Delegating tasks to team members based on workload and expertise
- Is a natural leader
- Engages in active listening and communication
- Gives actionable, constructive feedback and asks for it regularly
- Is comfortable interacting with people throughout the day, both in person, on the phone, and over email and chat
- Exhibits keen attention to details
- Is excited by opportunities to travel
- Is passionate about technology in its many forms
- 5+ years of people management experience, ideally leading a team of IT Support Technicians
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Linux, Windows, and OS X
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong credentials: Higher Education, Industry organizational/process management certifications (ITIL, SixSigma), or equivalent experience
- Experience working with vendors and telecommunications providers
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on need
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs for equipment installation
- Ability to crouch beneath desks for workstation installation
- Ability to work on ladders for wireless system maintenance, etc
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.