Indeed is the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers. Every month, over 200 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we empower hiring companies who help people get jobs around the globe.
Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentives, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 11,210,000 - 14,580,000 JPY per year
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Category Specialists, Category Managers to procure goods and services in Japan region across all categories; ensure goods and services are acquired at the best possible costs and quality; demonstrate sound business and professional ethics; foster key relationships with company’s Japan Leadership and external vendors. Position reports to Global Procure to Pay (P2P) Director in the US. The role also acts as a representative of the Finance organization in Japan and liaises with parent company (Recruit Holdings)..
* Oversight of purchasing of goods and services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets focused on defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) per the Indeed Global Procurement Policy
* Complete contract and price negotiations for Japan strategic high value enterprise level vendors
* Maintain strong working knowledge of key legal clauses to finalize contracts that reduce cost, ensure vendor quality and minimize business and legal risk
* Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments (e.g. Tax) on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
* Support the purchasing function and stakeholders communicating any supply challenges which may impact on business operations
* Contact suppliers to resolve all queries through error management reconciliation
* Lead, develop and coach Category Managers, Category Specialists to meet Procurement metrics; review and monitor Procurement team deliverables and savings
* Prepare monthly and quarterly metric reports in line with global requirements
* Support and mentor Procurement team members with all day to day queries and escalations
* Supports Accounting and General Ledger team with invoice accrual process, special projects and any relevant topics
Skills & Attributes:
* Experience working with Senior Executives across business functions internally and with vendors
* Superior communications, interpersonal and presentation skills with strong influencing and persuasive talents
* Keen attention to detail and accuracy
* Experience in working with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Workday) systems and day to day management
* Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
* Excellent knowledge of all aspects of finance function as a whole
* Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets
* Proven multi-tasker who can work independently and across functional teams
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* Fluent Japanese & English required (both verbal & written)
* 7+years of experience across procurement commodities. i.e. IT, Business Services & Professional Services
* Experience with MS Office and Google Suite knowledge
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
Indeed is deeply committed to creating a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at +81 3 4563 2563, or by email at TAhelp@indeed.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.