Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
- Significant prior success as a Data, Product, or Decision Scientist working on challenging problems at scale
- Master’s or PhD., with advanced coursework in statistics, machine learning, programming, or related skills
- 3+ years of industry experience, with expertise in statistical modeling and/ or machine learning
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigor at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from getting results early and iterating
- Ability to write and present results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong ability to coach Product Scientists, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Proficiency with the English language
- Program using R, Python, Java, or C++
- Perform big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Fish for data: SQL, Pandas, MongoDB
- Deploy Data Science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.