Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Careers is a new Indeed product focusing on Indeed’s main audience - jobseekers. Careers team is an engineering team with the mission to respond to jobseekers’ needs for a comprehensive understanding of their career options, whether it is related to entering fields or maximising their potential.
As a software engineering manager, you will be tasked with leading a team of software engineers and working together with product managers on Careers product. The team will work on delivering engaging and valuable experiences, helping jobseekers to start and manage their professional careers. This involves working in a cross functional environment of highly-skilled engineers, product managers, data scientists, UX designers and researchers on solving complex engineering and data science problems.
You will enjoy a casual work environment, flexible hours, and great compensation and benefits. You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, nice people. You will be proud of the company’s mission and your product’s impact.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You are someone who finds passion in the craft, someone constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems. You have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same. You take pride in producing valuable and engaging experiences for your users.
You are someone who either has built or is passionate about building scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day. You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented software developers. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer, ideally delivering large scale systems
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Track record of coaching and developing a team of engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Ability to provide a team with technical leadership to achieve important goals together.
- Desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- Strong orientation on outcome, thinking BIG
- Understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience with building engaging experience for Internet users is welcome
- Experience building high-performance & traffic distributed systems
- Grasp of any programming language such as Java, Ruby, C++, Go, Python etc.
- Rudimentary understanding of data science and statistics
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.